- 2-3 tsp high heat oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 large head Napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Add potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes or until fork tender then drain.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over medium heat and add oil. Once hot add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves and stir for 1 minute. Do not allow to burn.
- Add ginger and chopped onions and stir occasionally until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add cabbage and stir fry for about 3-5 minutes. Add cooked potatoes and turmeric and cayenne. Stir frequently and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot