This warm tomato tart is an easy lunch to throw together. The crust for this recipe came from this one at Cabot Cheese, it is an excellent gluten free crust for this dish.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup Bumpy Road Farms cornmeal
- 4 ounces Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 oz Sweet Grass Dairy Pimento Cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- About 1 pint sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
- 3 sprig fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat 11-inch tart pan or spring form pan with olive oil spray.
- Mix together cornmeal, cheddar, sugar and salt in a bowl. In another smaller bowl, whisk egg until frothy; whisk in milk and oil. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients until well blended.
- Press crust mixture over bottom and slightly up sides of tart pan.
- Blind Bake crust for 12 to 18 minutes or until lightly colored. Remove from oven.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Spread the dijion mustard on the bottom of the crust. Spread the cheese evenly on the crust. Add sliced tomatoes in a decorative pattern on top.
- Bake the tart again for about 30 minutes or until the crust is evenly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm with a side salad.